ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 07:17 PM   #1319
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

804-2
Mattel- Masters of the Universe Revelations: Moss Man

Now that the dust has settled, for the times being anyways, He-Man Revelations gave us a new updated look on some of our favorite MOTU characters and for the most part did a great job, IMHO anyway. However I feel that Mossman was a big miss and I think I know the reason why. I should start by explaining that I am not sure if MM made an appearance in the OG cartoon nor am I familiar with any real characterization from the comic or even the 200X series. However, judging by the original toy, it was my understanding that he was just a plant based guy that was covered in moss, but was unsure as to the actual abilities if any. That said, I also know that Kevin Smith, the showrunner for the series, is a MASSIVE fan of the DC character Swamp Thing and sees some sizable similarities between him and what we got as Moss Man. Not only do they look the same, they both have power over vines and other foliage items with a massive connection to the spirit of the forest. And while I don?t hate that characterization, I just think it?s a bit overdone and would have preferred something different for this very unique character.

Pros: Easily the best thing about Moss Man is his detailed sculpt as it is clear a lot of care and effort went into the sculpting all the vine details. Outside of that I appreciate the spare hands and the vine accessory as well and the typical Mattel MOTU articulation scheme.

Cons: Is this really Moss Man? I?m not looking for a green flocked figure, but that was kind of the main gimmick of the figure no? Also those feet are unbelievably frustrating to pose. I like the root look, but there is very little you can do to make it work.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping