ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 01:50 PM   #1320
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

805-2
Diamond Select- Lord of the Rings: Legolas

Going to be completely honest here, if Legolas was the first Diamond LOTR figure that I opened, I probably would not have been so keen on the line. It?s not that he?s a bad toy per se, but has some issues that were not present with Gimli. First and foremost is the construction of the leg/hip joints and I?m not sure if I can even properly explain why as I?ve never seen a figure with ball jointed hips that have such a limited range of motion. Typically the ball/hip joint peg would come out horizontally from the groin area allowing for a decent forward and sideways motion, but Legolas has these pegs almost at a vertical position giving a bit of motion, but is very limited by the top of the leg interfering with the body. Secondly, he feels Incomplete given that he has holders for his trademark daggers, but no daggers were in sight. I have since acquired them from the new Gollum deluxe figure, but it?s a bit smarmy of Diamond to make collectors buy another figure, just to complete another and lastly MINE BROKE! Yup those same hip joints that I was having issues with broke off right at the base. I don?t recall being very rough with it, but must have pushed or pulled in the wrong way causing undue stress on the joint to snap it. Also wanted to give a big shout out to Diamond who sent out a replacement figure in the mail. It took a bit of prodding, and was just loose in a plastic bag, but it did the trick nevertheless and made me appreciate the fact that Diamond stands behind their products.

Pros: Overall Legolas is a gorgeous looking figure with a few drawbacks. The sculpt is amazing with tons of detail and I appreciate how nice the included accessories are. Articulation is fine and allows for a range of poses, but could be better for a character like Legolas.

Cons: I?m going to be honest, Diamond not including daggers was a real bummer and is only slightly rectified with their inclusion with Gollum. Also the hip joints are really annoying and are apparently prone to breakage.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping