ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 12:57 PM   #282
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

145-2
Mcfarlane Toys- The Maxx

Is the Maxx, created by Sam Keith, the best comic character? No. Is the Maxx, who was featured as a self-named monthly comic title on the uber popular Image Comics Brand from the EXTREME 90’s, the best comic? No. Looking back, is there some creepy sexual undertones and slightly convoluted story lines that I probably looked the other way on given that the pictures looks real pretty? Yep. Let’s put it this way, during the 90’s I had comic fever really bad, and for some reason the only cure was The Maxx. Looking back, it's clear that I had a thing for unique comic characters who primary wore purple. Not sure why, but around the same time I was also into Marvel’s Sleepwalker, but I digress, until Hasbro makes a legend figure of him we will just leave that alone.

Anyways, The Maxx here represented a bit of a “Holy Grail” of sorts as I was never able to track him down in the wild. So when sold off some of my other figures I felt that it was time to pull the trigger on one from eBay and honestly I’m glad I did: I really love this figure. It’s certainly not the best toy, but it acts as a bit of a reminder of a time gone by, an new and exciting time, an EXTREME time where a group of really talented, creative people stuck it to the big guys in a way that made massive impact the industry and the fandom alike; something that I don’t think will ever happen again.

Pros: I love the sculpt and the overall look as it captures both his unique design and Sam Keith's unique art style quite nicely. Also like how they included the “out back” headdress and the like black IZE figure.

Cons: The articulation is limited to 5 points (somewhat typical for Mcfarlane at that time) but would have loved at the very lease shoulder ball joints or elbow joints.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping