ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #289
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

149-2
Bandai- Thundercats- Panthro

As of this review the new Nickelodeon Thundercats Roar series has not been released but I’ve seen the preview and early feelings are mixed. On positive side, it looks lighthearted, fun and has the potential, as evidenced by the intro, to have amazing visuals. On the negative side, it’s silly, self referential and doesn't take the subject material very seriously. I’m also in the camp that is starting to get tired of the silly, goofy series that this is clearly based on. Also, I suppose my point of view is slightly skewed given that I was never much a fan of the original series and only got on the “cat train” after the super well done, but cancelled too quickly series that this figure was based on. By the time I get to my next Thundercat figure there maybe some more info to form a better opinion.

Pros: If you have not seen the entire series you might not have seen the difference between this and the 6” Panthro, but this one features his new mechanical arms that the Bearbrils made for him. They don’t extend or anything, but its a super cool change to the figure. Articulation is good for the figure size and comes with his signature weapons, of which he can all at once.

Cons: Nothing, Panthro met my expectations for a figure of this size class. It's super fun and could see my younger self playing with him all the time.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping