ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 01:20 PM   #531
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

309-2
Mega Construx- Series 4: Hellboy.

Well, I messed up. I mean, maybe I didn’t really mess up and I’m not sure that anything I did would really help, but I did not do my part in ensuring a solid future for my favorite hell spawn, but clearly neither did everyone else. Maybe it should be less on me for not going to see it and more on the producers of the recent Hellboy movie that apparently missed the mark and released a box office bomb. Not that I could do any better, however I’m of the mind that not everything needs another kick at the can so to speak; perhaps the big screen is not the best place for Hellboy? Don’t get me wrong, there was 2 decent attempts at bat (that I could not get into), but Hellboy’s rise to popularity was low key, not big budget and maybe that is where they should have refocused their efforts? Not saying that a low budget movie would have fare any better, but perhaps a Cartoon or TV series would have worked well for the property, but instead we get the typical “all or nothing” movie that will usually sink an independent intellectual property as it doesn’t have Marvel or Disney on the marquis. So unfortunately, I think this might be it for Hellboy in popular culture and I think probably the last one in my collection, unless I am able to scrounge up $150 bucks to pick up the (amazing) Dark Horse figure that was recently released.

Pros: Mega Construx has done a surprisingly nice job with such a small figure. Nice detail, good articulation and even has key accessories which is nice. Makes me wonder how great a line of Star Wars Mega Construx could be if granted the license.

Cons: It was a big pricey at $4.99. I get that there is some unique tooling on these figures, but there was a time when I could get a single GI Joe Figure for 2.99. Old man problems, but annoying nevertheless.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping