ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 12:13 PM   #311
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

163-2
Mattel- DC Multiverse: Batgirl

I’m not sure how I feel about DC bringing back Batgirl from being the paraplegic “girl in the chair’ that supported the Bat family in their various crime fighting adventures. On one had it was nice to see a character like Oracle front and centre in comics, but on the other hand this “Batgirl of Burnside” reminds me of the Batgirl featured in the Animated Series which is probably my favourite of all the various Batman media. I suppose it’s a gentle reminder that in comics nothing is more constant than change.

I have taken a pretty firm stand in the past that I’m going to steal clear of the Mattel DC figures given their lack lustre moulds, weak articulation and overall terrible distribution, but could not help myself in tacking Batgirl in on to a toysrus.ca order to get free shipping. That's not to say that I didn’t want her, it's just that I had never actually seen her on store shelves to actually pick her up in person.

Pros: Mattel was able to capture the overall look of the character’s unique look in the mould and nice to have to character specific accessories.

Cons: Mattel’'s articulation continues to be innovative by 2002 standards, she also feels really cheap and fragile. Much like the other Mattel figures, this is not worth the $30 price tag.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping