ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 03:16 PM   #317
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

168-2
DC Collectibles- Icons: Superman.

Fun fact, I have only one other opened Superman figure in my collection thus far and it's not good. For those not keeping track it is Mattel’s Superman from Dawn of Justice that I got on sale for $5 and still felt ripped off. However comparatively DC Collectables hits it out of the park with this one. Sure still has the issues that all Icons have, but the sculpt is steller. For example check out the molded hair off his forehead; just think of the process that would have taken to get right; seriously top marks alone for that little detail. The more I delve into these Icons, the more that I am saddened by the premature cancellation.

Pros: Great head sculpt with iconic molded hair, decent amount of poseability and added hands. Included Fortress of Solitude butler Kelex which is a nice touch, but I think I would have rather had different accessories like ice breath or laser eyes.

Cons: On Icons the absence of key points of articulation that we have come to expect on 6” figures will always be an issue for me. More specifically on Superman, the ability to look up (to fly) should have been a no brainer too but was not included. The size (just under 6”) can also be an issue for some who like to mix their shelves, but I don’t really mind.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping