ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 04:06 PM   #319
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

007-R
Mega Bloks- Marvel Blind Bag Series 3: Silver Surfer
Release Date (approx): 2012
Current Price and availability: $13.99
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mega-Bloks-...-/222330734332

Not going to lie; I forgot that I have these little guys, which is a bit a bummer on part as they are cool as heck. Not sure I mentioned it before, but I'm not much of a Lego guy. That might sound a bit blasphemous in the toy community, but it's just not my thing. I mean I like what they do and appreciate all the toy sets, games and features, but to give you some insight as to where I’m coming from, I was 100% fine with what Lord Business and Finn's Dad (will Ferrell) was doing and was a bit pissed that he was vilified for having a hobby. I mean, i assume that Finn had his own stuff, but we should feel bad that he didn’t have all the Lego and couldn’t “play” with his dads? What bullshit nonsense is that? Anyways, getting back on track, I actually like Mega Bloks better as the Mini Figures are articulated with a better “play value” then your standard Lego set. Sure, I suppose that Mega Bloks work better as sets, that is, you are not really encouraged to “build your own adventure” like in Lego, but only a sociopath would have a $100 Lego built up as something OTHER than what is on the box.

Pros: I love these little articulated mini figures. They pack a ton of play value is a small little package. Specifically on surfer the mold looks nice and the metallic paint captures his look pretty well. Also works really well with the surfboard.

Cons: These blind bag figure really irritate me. Thankfully there was a giant surfboard in the package that made it pretty clear that it was Silver Surfer. Also Mega Bloks did this short packed thing that made some figures more rare than others; total dick move.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping