ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 12:36 PM   #254
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

130-2
Funko- Disney Afternoons- Talespin: Baloo.

I was eleven when Tailspin was released; pretty well the perfect age and demographic for the Disney afternoon cartoon block and as a television loving kid, I soaked them all up. In fact, I don’t think that it would be stretch to say that my current love for all things Disney is partly due to shows like Tailspin, so when I saw that Funko had finally taken a break from “Pop-ing” every obscure cultural reference that they can think of, to make something worthy of that plastic, I pre-ordered right away. For those not aware, Tailspin was a different take on the classic Jungle Book characters where they lived in a “Zootopia” type world without humans. Baloo ran a struggling Air transport company, with help from Rebecca his uptight manager, her precocious daughter, a trouble making runaway cub named and even had King Louie as a local restaurant owner. I can’t really recall the specifics of the story lines, but I do know that if had something to do with Shear Khan being a typical bad guy capitalist and the crew trying to foil his plans. If you aren't familiar with the show the intro is something special and gives a good idea as to the hijinks that awaits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tKHlukQTik

Pros: The sculpting is really well done and looks like he stepped right out of the cartoon, decent amount of possibility.

Cons: The articulation on the legs is a bit weak and I wish he came with an accessory of some sort.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping