ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 01:27 PM   #496
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

282-2
Disney Toy Box- Marvel: Black Widow.

It has been a bit of a ride over the last few years for the MCU and Marvel in general and while I spent the last few reviews talking about specific upcoming projections I thought I would post on my thoughts in general as to where they are heading. Overall I am optimistic for Marvel, but a little concerned. Optimistic as Feige and Co have been doing a really good job with the MCU and Hasbro has been putting out some amazing stuff, but concerned because every Peak has its eventual valley. For the Movies I am legitimately concerned that it will go the way of Star Wars, what with studio direction leading to fandom backlash. And while this would not bother me, I could see Disney double down on diversity to the ire of many fans that want to see a more “traditional” (re: white, male) superhero in the marquee. I’ll just put this out there that I STILL do not understand the hate for Captain Marvel or the oddly specific standard that female characters are held up to in movies while men in similar positions are given a pass. That said it is a difficult balancing act for a studio and I REALLY hope that Marvel can connect with all fans regardless of Race, Gender or Orientation.

As for the toys, thankfully a much less divisive topic, I’m more concerned as I feel like Hasbro’s best work is now behind them. Not saying that there isn’t a lot of really cool stuff coming out, but it's becoming a little too much, and WAY too expensive. For example, Cowboy Logan was released at EB Games for $39.99 with many other “exclusives” for $34.99. Sure there is a bit of a discount on that, but it’s just becoming too much for me. Sure if there is a cool character that I want, or that might be in short supply I might bite, but outside of that I’m either going to wait for a sale, like I did for the Korg 2 pack, or pass like I did on Emma Frost.

Pros: So Black Widow is the perfect example of how great these Toy Box figures can be. Excellent sculpt, great accessories, perfect balance of articulation to achieve multiple poses and all for a reasonable price.

Cons: Nothing, quite possibly one of the best Toy Box figures ever released.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping