ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 04:26 PM   #1821
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

1007-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Iron Man

I’m not going to lie here, I was very annoyed that I had to buy another Iron Man to complete a BAF for the wave, but I was pleasantly surprised once I got him out of the package. Is this my favorite Iron Man figure? No, far from it, but at least Hasbro gave us something that was a bit different than all the various MCU repaints. I also like how this version is a bit more cartoonish than others in the Marvel Legends line and I for one would love to see more like it. Almost like taking a cue from the figures released as part of the Spiderman Across the Spider-Verse waves: less realistic and more stylized. Incidentally, McFarlane does this very well on some of their DC Multiverse figures. Not saying that I want realism thrown out of the window, but taking some artistic license with figures that can be VERY stylized in the comic medium that they were first created in can’t be a bad thing right?

Pros: Pleasantly surprised with this figure from top to bottom. Has a nice sleek sculpt, a decent range of motion and I appreciate the extra hands and blast effects.

Cons: I assume the arm cannon was a weapon featured in the comic, but it’s just not doing anything for me.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping