ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 03:15 PM   #1824
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

1010-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Iron Man 2020

Folks, it is my genuine pleasure to introduce you all to the Iron Man of the FUTURE. That?s right; what you see before you is not the Iron Man that you all know and love, piloted by the one and only Tony Stark, but rather a (extremely) futuristic facsimile worn by a rather evil cousin of Tony Stark named Arno that used the suit for evil deeds on his world/timeline. Now, I don?t want to spend too much time going through the downsides of pop culture not keeping up with the times resulting in an artificially long second act for all out favorite characters (how old is Tony supposed to be at this point), but if you are wondering how or why this Iron Man is possibly from future times, it?s important to realize that this storyline and new character was created 40 years ago, back in 1984. Perhaps back then, the writers at Marvel thought that Tony would have actually retired at this point? Either way, regardless that I have no connection to the character, I still love it as a unique Marvel Legend.

Pros: I meant, does this not look like a futuristic machine man? Granted, he looks like he?s a villain out of a NES MegaMan game, I kind of love the over the top look. Couple that with some neat-o blast effects then you got yourself a fantastic figure.

Cons: Nothing to note. This is a great figure.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping