ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 01:33 PM   #645
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

392-2
McFarlane Toys- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Harry Potter

Continuing my look at all the Harry Potter themed rides and attractions at the various Universal Studios Parks around the world. Previous thoughts can be found at review 324-2 & 337-2.

Before I get started I have to make an addendum to my first review as plans have changed. At the time of this writing I was supposed to be quite literally packing my bags and travelling down south to Florida for a long awaited and planned vacation where I was going to experience the newest ride at The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter: Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. Unfortunately due to the Global Pandemic that we are all currently in the grasp of, these plans were cancelled and my hopes to culminate these reviews with my take on the Hagrid’s were crushed. Oh well, I still have a number of these HP toys to open and maybe we will be able to still make it out to Florida in the coming months. Anyways….

3rd up for Wizarding World attractions is a family coaster called “The Flight of the Hippogriff”, but should be called “I waited in line for that?”

For people who have “taken the flight” know that as compared to EVERY OTHER RIDE in Universal Studios Islands of Adventure this off the shelf mini coaster does not make the grade. That said, these little coasters are fun for the little ones that are not quite ready for the bigger rides, but Universal should have added more theming or experiences to plus up a very forgettable experience. For Example, Disneyworld’s newest coaster The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is also a family coaster that has mild thrills and a great fist coaster experience for young riders, but also has an in-depth story and a fantastic dark ride element with animatronics that work to make the experience more enjoyable for all riders. Between the two there is just no comparison and I feel that Universal should work to plus this ride up with a more elaborate experience.

Pros: Much like with Ron, Harry Potter has an overall decent sculpt with a detailed outfit as he wore in the final Battle of Hogwarts, has the typical 22 points of articulation, a wand (which I have not confirmed is based on his original one from Ollivander’s Wand Shop or the one he acquired throughout the events of “The Deathly Hallows”) and a very detailed Stag patronus with removable antlers.

Cons: While I’m getting used to McFarlane’s articulation scheme, I still have issues with the ball jointed ankles. Also, I’m not sure what is with toy companies and their inability to capture Harry Potter’s likeness, but it is rough. I suppose it doesn’t help that he has the neck of a giraffe…

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping