ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 02:19 PM   #647
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

394-2
Hasbro- Transformers: Studio Series: Jazz

Movie Jazz certainly got the short end of the stick hey? Not only was he the first Autobot killed in action on earth, thanks to Megatron literally ripping him into two, but he had to spend his short time on Earth as a Pontiac Solstice; I don’t know which is worse! Obviously I’m just kidding and by all accounts the Pontiac Solstice was a decent car for time, It’s just never appealed to me personally and I don’t think I was a good fit for Jazz. I suppose that it is partially due to my disappointment for Jazz not being a Porsche, but I also don’t feel that Jazz would have picked such, and forgive me, a girly car? Outside of that, it still does not make sense that Jazz would be smaller than Bumblebee, but I suppose that comes down to a bigger issue of GMC sponsorship dictating the design choices over the preferable historical desires of some fans. It’s also relevant that the Solstice died a relatively quick death in the market. It’s not clear if this had a direct correlation to Jazz’s untimely departure in the movie, but I’m sure it did not help.

Pros: I have a few different Movie Jazz figures in my collection, but I was excited to pick up this Studio Series version as I feel the line has done a great job with updates and for the most part I think they did a good job with Jazz. He has a nice detailed sculpt, a good amount of articulation that allows for some fun poses, a relatively fun transformation and a vehicle mode that matches the source material quite nicely.

Cons: I’m not sure if this is a design choice for greater pose-ability, but the shins don’t really hold into place making him seem somewhat bowlegged. Also I am unable to pin the pieces together in vehicle mode leaving a number of gaps in the panels.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping