Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 10:28 PM   #48
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here

031 & 32
Mattel: Planes- Lead Bottom & Bravo

I vowed no more Dollarama toys, but them I found these guys. Again, being a fan of the movies I was happy to find a few more of these nice little die cast figures for such a cheap price. I'm not sure where these even fit in to my collection but I'm sure they will find a place somewhere.

Lead Bottom is your typical "old-Timer" Bi-Plane that fits the part well. However, it reminds me more of an old World War 1 Amiga computer called Wings. Essentially you were a WW1 pilot having to fly all sorts of missions through out the War and I must have played it for hours. Now as a result of this little write up I have spend at least an hour on youtube reliving my childhood. At any rate, figure looks good and now I am probably going to drop $20 on the remastered version of Wings.

On the other end of the spectrum Bravo is the cool Fighter Jet character in the movie. Being a kid of the 80's, I have developed a certain reverence for all things military and Jets are particularly cool to me. Top Gun, GI Joe and the seekers from Transformers all cultivated this love so buying this guy was inevitable. The figure itself is based on a Boeing F18 fighter with the typical "world of Cars/Planes" aesthetic of having a face/head in place of the cockpit; In Bravos case it's a full on flight helmet. A nice feature, that is not on the other Planes toys is that the front wheel can fold up while in "flight mode". It's a small extra, but helpful nevertheless.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping