ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 02:55 PM   #1357
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

829-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Moon Knight

What are everyone's final thoughts on the recent Moon Knight Disney Plus series? It’s been done for a while, yet I have not finished (if that gives you any indication as to my overall thoughts about it), but will probably get to it eventually. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Oscar Isaac in the role(s) and the character of Moon Knight is intriguing, but it just feels a bit off, which in lies the problems with some of the Disney Plus series: Is episodic TV a good way to tell these stories? For example, Ironman continues to be one of the best MCU produced films today and set the stage for the entire MCU and it was a story told in under 2 hours, but why are we getting 6, 45 minute episodes about the introduction of Moon Knight to the MCU? Same could be said about the rest of the MCU series given that they all have a story to tell, but it's just spread out so much to fill airtime that it becomes boring. I mean consider this: Infinity War and Endgame have shorter run times than all of the D+ series and there is SO much that happens throughout those movies. I guess I should just be happy that a relatively obscure comic character has come to life in popular media, but I wish they would stop wasting my time with rooftop chase scenes used to fill time.

Pros: Released prior to the Moon Knight show, this version is based on his comic appearance look, which is very similar to what people would be used to at this point. Overall I think Hasbro did an amazing job on the sculpt with added details including armor plates throughout his costume. I also really appreciate the accessories including the batons, cape and little moon blades that can fit in his fist hand “batman” style. SO cool… (con’t)

Cons: …when they actually stay in place. It’s a miracle that I got all three in at once and would suggest anyone having issues to invest in some tweezers. I’m going to stop short from gluing them, but if there was ever a time for Hasbro to make something immovable, it would be with these blades.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping