Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 01:19 PM   #158
Eko123
Body without Organs
Re: New Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderman View Post
Could this be the Hasbro plan all along? Reminds me of High school economics Supply and Demand. There is a demand for Power Rangers and Hasbro needs to control the supply more evenly. This is not just Hasbro getting a new toy line, it's testing the waters and finding out what will be popular and what will sell and how many will want? This is their first year for this new line and they will make mistakes and they will improve hopefully. This line is still young and Hasbro must listen to the fan base or lose out completely!
I agree. Although there is demand for the Lightning Collection, truthfully it isn't at the level of say, Marvel Legends, the Star Wars lines or even the Transformers lines (and that's not a knock against Power Rangers).

Hasbro knows there is definitely interest, but obviously has to tread carefully and not make the same mistakes which Bandai America did.

While I don't collect Power Rangers toys myself, am I correct in assuming a lot of Power Rangers collectors are more interested in the characters from "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" and the earlier shows (given the childhood nostalgia), as opposed to the more recent shows (e.g. Beast Morphers)?

Perhaps the good thing about having fewer figures per wave is that you guys won't have to fork out an arm and leg every time a new wave is released (trust me, I collect Marvel Legends and it hurts my wallet with the avalanche of figures that are released each year). On the downside though, it also means you have to be patient for their favorite characters to be released.

Last edited by Eko123; 11-05-2019 at 01:26 PM.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping