ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 11:50 AM   #563
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

332-2
Hasbro- Fall of Cybertron: Jazz

It’s somewhat surprising that Hasbro released mainline figures based on the Transformers video game series “War for” & “Fall of” Cybertron. I’m not certain how well the games faired financially, if they were embraced by the fandom, or even if they were any good as I didn’t play them, but this is something that I certainly was able to get behind. Outside of the video game tie-in there was always a market for pre-earth Cybertronian style figures and I am glad Hasbro delivered; even if the figures are a bit meh.

Pros: Overall looks pretty nice in both modes with homages to his G1 robot design and a futuristic Cybertronian vehicle mode. Transformation is a basic and Jazz has a decent amount of articulation and comes with a blaster that integrates into his vehicle mode.

Cons: Ok, real-talk: while I understand the need for wheels, I feel that transformers would have the ability to hover rather than be tied to the road. Transformation involves a spring-loaded feature (which I hate) and the whole chest assembly doesn’t really lock into place. Also, he feels really light and cheap and while this is a bit of a nitpick, I do not like his wrists are attached unevenly to the forearms.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping