Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 08:34 AM   #630
Wintermute
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
What exactly is loose on your Cull Wave Thor? The ball joints at the hips on mine move a little if I shake him, but the knees and ankles are tight. Only problem is... mine has a fused elbow/arm which I have no idea how to fix so I'll need to return and replace if I ever find him in-store out here.

Also... (because I've gone through this already earlier this year for a BS6 Lando who had no hand)...

Do NOT go the Hasbro way with asking for a replacement. Their only option is: refund of 19.99 USD OR sending any equivalent toy of that value to you. It may be a shelf-warmer from 2015.

I asked for the refund and their process was... (after several emails providing them info), that they sent me a return label... in the mail. Then I returned the figure to HasCan in Quebec and 3 weeks later I got an update that my refund would be processed. And then a paper cheque was sent out and it took another 2 weeks to arrive from Rhode Island. They spent more than $19.99 for the mailing they did.

So while they had great customer service it was really slow since they use mail for everything.

With regards to that Thor, I have had the exact same issue with the hip joints and a fused elbow.

I managed to fix the fused elbow by heating up the joint, popping out the joint pegs, and then carefully separating the fused portion with a thin sharp blade.

Regarding the very loose hip joints, my normal fix would be to VERY CAREFULLY place a bit of superglue between the hip joint bar and the crotch piece, and then hold it tight until they glue together, eliminating the wobble.

However, with this particular Thor figure, the glue that normally works just won't get the two pieces of plastic to stick together. I'm no chemist so I have no idea what is different with this Thor, but that's what I was left with.

I'd also agree with not going the Hasbro return route, in that you may not get the figure you actually want a replacement of.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping