ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 12:55 PM   #323
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

173-2
Playmates Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles- Donatello.

This Donatello figure is special to me for two of reasons, Firstly, he is and will always be my favorite Turtle of the four, but secondly and perhaps more importantly, I fondly remember when I picked him up, something that I can’t say for a good portion of my collection. The actual date is a bit hazy, but I could narrow it down if I really tried, however I do know that I bought Donatello from the now defunct Toys R Us mecha in Times Square on one the trips that I took with my Wife, who is a Flight Attendant, to NYC. It was the first time that I saw the “new” Nick Turtles in hand and I could not pass up my favorite. Incidelty I also picked up a replica Green Lantern movie ring that they were selling for dirt cheap, but I’m not sure where that ended up.

Pros: Good amount of articulation, unique sculpt and color that differentiates from the other 3 and a nice arsonal of other additional weapons. On a personal note, reminds me of my trip to NYC and the AMAZING Toys R Us store in Times Square.

Cons: As with the other turtles, some poseability issues with odd articulation. I also feel that his signature bo staff should have been a bit longer.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping