ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 02:41 PM   #484
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

276-2
Hasbro- Transformers- Thrilling 30: Roadbuster.

Rating of worst to best of the Transformers movies continued; see review 208-2, 213-2, 217-2, 223-2, 226-2, 230-2, 234-2, 239-2, 243-2, 246-2, 249-2, 252-2, 257-2, 260-2, 264-2, 268-2, 269-2, 271-2 & 274-2 for previous instalments:

Transformers Movie Rating # The Transformers: The Movie.

Well, here we are, top of the pile. and was anyone really that surprises that the original Transformers theatrical release would not get top billing? Is it perfect? Far from it, but from a nostalgic standpoint I really checks a lot of boxes that I love about the Transformers. Now, even though I was the perfect age when the movie was released, I never actually saw The Transformers in the theater so I missed, or spared (depending on your version of events) the impactful, life altering events of the movie. And to be honest I’m not sure that when I finally saw the movie on VHS that the death of all the G1 characters really affected me that much. I mean, I never had Optimus Prime or Megatron as a kid so their departure was not a big deal and I actually liked the designs of the new characters, especially Hot Rod so what was the downside to this movie again? Hell, at this point I WISH they would have some balls and kill off Optimus for real as the same schtick is getting real old.

Pros: Roadbuster is the natural partner to Whirl, who we found out way back in review 252-2, was also part of a different toy line prior to being repurposed as a North American Transformer as we know him as today. As a modern figure it is somewhat difficult to see how they could possibly be different, but the giveaway is the single eye ball head that evokes, in my mild anyways, a more robotic, sentry type feel over a sentient being as with most of the other Transformers. In any case the Robot mode is great, has decent articulation and is packed with multiple weapons and the vehicle mode has a fun, rugged look to it.

Cons: This is possibly a first for me, but I feel that the transformation is a bit too basic? I suppose it works for what it is, but just surprising on a figure of this size to not make it a bit less simple.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping