ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 08:24 PM   #360
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

195-2
Disney Toy Box- Star Wars: Luke Skywalker

What is everyone’s favourite version of Luke? I mean there is only what, like 6, that is if you count TLJ and don’t count the EU, which I do and don’t respectfully and I’m curious as to which is the most popular. Sure, I suppose this would be the most iconic one right? Simple farm boy, full of teenage angst, yearning for adventure and so very whiny, but yet doesn’t hit my top spot. I think that would be reserved for ROTJ Luke; brimming with confidence, Green saber wielding certified Jedi bad-ass in black. In any case I do love that ANH Luke was able to make the cut given that Disney’s preference, as it seems, is to focus on the most recent iteration of a character for maximum corporate synergy. Now let’s get cracking on that Black suit shall we?

Pros: Overall nice cartoonish sculpt that captures a young Mark Hamill, a good amount of articulation allowing some poseability and comes with his signature blue lightsaber.

Cons: Three words infuriate me about this figure: HARD PLASTIC TUNIC. So frustrating how something so simple can take a figure that should be a 10 and make it a 6. That freaking plastic makes the super awesome hip articulation and the adjustable ankles useless. **Sigh** That said, please go buy this figure regardless of my issues, I REALLY want this line to continue.

(not my picture as I guess I didn’t take one)

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping