ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 08:03 PM   #794
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

479-2
Hasbro- Transformers Combiner Wars: Defensor.

Ok, time to rundown each of the parts of this combiner with some quick thoughts:
1. Blades: Overall a nice mold, but I think this is my 3 version of the mould and not anything special at this point. Plus I still don’t understand why a rescue chopper needs missiles.
2. Rook: The new kid on the block that was met with fairly lacklustre fanfare given that this is not a police motorcycle. Overall, not a bad figure that makes more sense for the set.
3. Hot Spot: Touted as being one of the best voyager sized figures and with good reason: he’s great.
4. First Aid: A decent figure overall and I like that he comes with an axe.
5. Streetwise: Another retool from the Stunticons, but I actually like it quite a bit; probably due to his shotgun accessory.
6. BONUS: Groove: Well, he’s no replacement for his G1 Namesake, plus his ability to actually combine with Defensor is questionable, but I think he’s fun.

Pros: Defensor represents the end of an era for me as there is a good chance that I’ll never complete a series to the level that I did for Combiner Wars. Yes I’ll grab the odd figure that interests me, but not as a completionist. Overall I think Defensor was the best combiner of group, but likely chalk that up to Hot Shot given the main body can make or break the entire combiner which I suppose would also give Bruticus a short at top spot, but since Defensor is still fresh in my mind, he benefits from recency bias. In any case, much like the other combiner figures, Defensor is a solid figure and looks great with the rest of the group.

Cons: Much like the other teams in the series, the ability to pose a figure of this size is its biggest issue.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping