ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 10:49 AM   #224
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

109-2
Hasbro- Transformers- Dark of the Moon: Sentinel Prime.

Hate is a really strong word, one that I feel that people, myself included, throw around a bit to liberally given the rather sever connotation. I dislike brussel sprouts as they don’t taste good to me, I loth many of the people appearing on reality shows as I feel that the vile behavior featured throughout is widely celebrated when should be shamed and I really do not care for people who enjoy the Star Wars Extended Universe over the Disney Star Wars movies, (Listen, I get the pain you have from when DIsney wiped our years of content with a Thanos like ‘snap’ of their fingers, but it was muddled, contrived and many times super silly) but I really hate Sentinel Prime.

Sure, he's voiced by the late great Leonard Nimoy and the character is believable enough as a turn heel looking out for the future of his dying race/planet and the figure is feat of engineering with an impressive size and he also has a great face sculpt, great accessories, great acticulation, and I love the fire truck vehicle mode because it reminds me of the old RID series, but… that transformation just kills it for me. It took me no less than 45 min and a YouTube tutorial to get him from robot mode to vehicle mode and even then he's still a bit of a mess. I have mentioned in the past that I'm inept when it comes to transforming figures, but in my defence the instructions are basically worthless (to whom at at Hasbro that decided to provide instructions using a small grey prototype: I dislike you very much.) Also, those feet are ridiculously bad. I really shouldn't complain as they certainly don't make Transformers like this anymore, but it's just frustrating for me, nevermind for a kid, who are the ones who should be playing with them.

Pros: Masterpiece level figure with good size, great likeness and cool vehicle mode.

Cons: Extremely complex transformation that causes fits of rage and frustration also, his hip joints are relatively loose making standing a bit of a challenge.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping