ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 09:14 AM   #229
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

111-2
Disney Store- Star Wars Elite Series: Director Orson Krennic.

So Orson (really?!? LOL...alright) Krennic is the last of my Elite Series figures, so I will only be able to sing the lines praises one last time. Let's get this out of the way first, Disney did something really special with these figures that is head and shoulders (literally at 10”) above anything that Hasbro is pushing out; FOR THIS PRICE. Are they perfect? Heck no. However they do come with solid sculpting, well crafted soft goods and a good amount of articulation, all for $45 (but I got most of mine sale for $15). I am sad that the line looks to be dead, but given that most of them needed to be cleared out on sale, it makes sense.

As for Krennic, his has the distinction of being the only male character WITHOUT a helmet and sculpted hair, which looks pretty good. I REALLY like his uniform as the crisp white tunic and cape is a stark contrast to the typical boring grey and reminds me of Admiral Thrawn. He comes with a few extra fists, a blaster and a few... thermal detonators? I suppose it is Star Wars and kids do need something to play with, but seems a bit much fire power for a guy in his position.

Additionally, and this is something that I just realized, the line is comprised of 7 figures in total; 4 Imperials (Kylo, Vader, Death Trooper and Krennic) and 3 Rebels (Rey, Leia, and Jyn). This must have been on purpose right? I suppose it begs the question, why are all the girls good and the guys bad? I’m not going to open a can of worms here, so I will just say that the line was probably expected to continue and had multiple figures planed with the male villain ratio being unintentional. Besides, Kylo and Vader are still totally amazing figures. As an aside, how cool would a Saw Gerrera figure have been?

Pros: Amazing non-typical white tunic and cape, good accessories, articulation and likeness.

Cons: Krennic isn’t exactly a super fun character for kids (target audience) and while I appreciate the figure as a whole, I feel that there were about 100 other characters that I would have liked in the line instead.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping