Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 01:49 PM   #6
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead View Post
Thanks for the pics. I also bought this figure recently, haven't had much time to play around with or pose him yet. As others have said, some of the joints are really stiff and some have the feeling that they could snap/break with a certain amount of use. All in all, i'm a big fan of the sculpt of these figures. In terms of quality and perceived durability, I kind of view these as "mini statues with articulation" rather than action figures, if that makes any sense.

Makes perfect sense to me; I'm the same way. In the past I purchase a lot of Macfarlane Toys and while they were exceptionally well crafted, they lacked articulation. It's not that I wanted to "play" with the toy, but wanted the freedom to pick a pose in which it was going to be displayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
TeamJetfire maybe you can answer this question
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
Do the joint pegs on the figure look like they are molded in black plastic rather than translucent
It may be wishful thinking on my part but all my DCD figure breakages were the result of those translucent pegs breaking or disintegrating
I've closely inspected the ankle joints and the various hands on mine and they look like black plastic. It would be interesting if some had translucent plastic causing these issues.

I'm hopeful that Batman's ankles will stand the test of time, but I'm not holding my breath.

---------

Disney Infinity 2.0: Tinkerbell.

Bring a Disney fan I found it near impossible to not pass up these nifty little things. But are these figurines considered toys? Not trying to start a debate, but why wouldn't they? Sure there is no articulated and limited "play value" but seeing as all of my toys are posed on a shelf it's really the same difference. There is an added play value in that each one unlocks the character in the game, but I just like the look of them and will likely hold a place in my collection long after the games novelty is gone.
Pros: Great design, sculpt and pose. Unlocks a playable character in a game. Probably life size?
Cons: It's a statue, requires a considerable financial investment to play the character in the game and cannot actually help you fly.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping