ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 11:52 AM   #173
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

071-2 Takara Tomy- Transformers Masterpiece: Tracks

I’m not sure if any of you did this, but back when I was a kid and played with my Transformers it was often a common practice to create a unofficial third “flight” mode for the cars. In most cases it was fairly crude, mostly involving opening the door panels and pulling the legs out, but in my 7 year old brain it was good enough. (Incidentally, looking back, it was pretty clear as to why I gravitated to the jet figures including my favorite transformer, who I use for my namesake) I must not have been the only one as whoever was responsible for designing Tracks (or his Japanese toy predecessor) also had the same idea, but actually had the power create an official car/flight mode; and I was certainly intrigued. Unfortunately I was never able to pick up Tracks as a kid, so I was pretty happy to see his inclusion in the Masterpiece line.

By the time I got him (a year or two after the initial release), it seemed as though the hype died down so I’m not certain if he was well received by the fandom. Yes there are some issues, but overall I like him and satisfied that he fits as “masterpiece” figure.

Pros: Great likeness with a satisfying transformation that is not too difficult (for a dummy like me). Good accessories and its nice that they included Raoul (perhaps the only minority character featured in the G1 transformers cartoon and he’s a street punk too boot!...SMH) and a good amount of other accessories.

Cons: From the side he has a gap thought his body in robot mode and I can’t seem to keep the side mirrors in place.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping