ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 02:43 PM   #1136
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

699-2
Hasbro- Transformers Prime Beast Hunters: Shockwave

Another Transformers review with yet another Shockwave. Not sure why, but it really seemed like I had an inordinate amount of MISB Shockwaves to open and review. And for the record, I don’t have any particular strong feelings about the character either; it’s not like I am a super fan or anything, just that there must have been a lot on the shelves back when I was actively buying Transformers. I suppose the good/bad news is that after this one, I don’t have any more nor do I plan on buying any new releases, unless maybe there is a decent RED version produced.

Pros: This Prime Shockwave is a (rightly so) much better version of the character than the previous basic version that I recently reviewed. He looks solid in both modes and I like the additional Beast Hunters armor. Transformation is a bit tricky, but only because his tank mode has a unique design and I really like the treads that turn into a gun belt for his arm cannon.

Cons: Throughout my reviews a constant pain point has become feet as they relate to a figures ability to stand easily and Shockwave is particularly bad for this. The issue is that the pitch of the feet is downward, almost as though he’s pointing his toes down ever so slightly and there is no articulation point to counter it. The effect is that any poses or stances are messed up because his legs need to be straight in order to counter the effect of the foot position so he doesn’t fall backwards. The other issue is really just personal opinion in that I do not like the look of asymmetric vehicle modes, but that’s really just a minor quibble.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping