ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 02:09 PM   #1139
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

701-2
Toybiz- Lord of the Rings- The Return of the King: Goblin Armor Frodo Baggins

My nostalgia for a 20 year old franchise is hitting a fever pitch and there is really no end in sight for me and these Toybiz figures are the perfect cure for me. I’m not even kidding; I wish I could explain it, but there is something so great about Peter Jackson’s films that really stands the test of time. I get that it’s not exactly an unpopular opinion, given that people still really love the series, but I think it has actually gotten better over the years. No because Jackson pulled a Lucas and changed a bunch of stuff in effort to improve the film, but because, and I hate to say this, most current movies are just not that good anymore. Don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of movies that I have enjoyed watching, but it just seems that a good many of these studios are more focused on making a franchise rather than developing a good movie. And while I recognize that LOTRs had all sorts of merchandise to sell as part of growing the franchise, it never felt like it was anything but a re-telling of Tolkien’s original work by Jackson and his team, not a movie made by committee that was focus grouped to death and tailor made to sell lunch boxes. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I appreciate movies made by people with a singular vision and hope that studios allow for the Peter Jackson’s, James Gunn’s and Russo Brothers of the world to create stuff untethered.

Pros: I love this version of Frodo and Toybiz managed to pack a surprisingly good amount of fun into a little figure. Overall the figure has fantastic detail throughout sporting the armor that he donned to sneak past the Goblins of Mordor, an awesome helmet that fits well over his head and a janky goblin sword for protection. Lastly the articulation is great for the size and the age of the figure and I can only hope that most of the other LOTR figures match.

Cons: I got nothing; Frodo is great!

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping