ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 08:45 PM   #519
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

296-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends Series: Captain America

Rating of worst to best of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies continued; see review 207-2, 210-2, 216-2, 222-2, 228-2, 232-2, 233-2, 242-2, 244-2, 248-2, 254-2, 258-2, 259-2 & 294-2 for the previous instalments.

Marvel Cinematic Universe Rating # 8: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

We are into the top 8 and I should mention that all of these MCU films are almost interchangeably enjoyable for me, so it really just came down how I was feeling when I made this list. Winter Soldier was the Russo Bros 1st flick in the MCI and really solidified their abilities as big budget action movie directors no doubt leading them to both Infinity War and Endgame. I’ll admit that I’m a bit biased of their talent given that they had directed some key episodes of the Dan Harmon show “Community” of which I was a massive fan, but I think this movie speaks for itself: it’s really well made. Not being much of a Captain America comic fan, I was unaware of the Winter Soldier storyline so I was pleasantly surprised when I first saw it. Of course it’s the perfect setup for this movie and works remarkably well for future MCU stories; almost like they planned it that way. I also feel that while doing well to introduce Sam as Falcon and Bucky as the Winter Soldier, this movie did more for Black Widow than any other MCU film, until her upcoming standalone movie of course. It was also nice to see how the pieces of the Hydra/shield puzzle, set from other movies that preceded it, came together for this movie. For example, did you know that Jasper Sitwell, SHIELD / HYDRA agent, played by Maximiliano Hernandez was in both the Avengers and Thor? Sure, he was in a supporting role for both of those movies, but played a rather large part as a Hydra agent (until his death) in Winter Soldier. These movies were spaced out over a few years so this was either planned out really well or very fortuitous; either way it’s a nice detail. Outside of that I really enjoyed the covert spy storyline, loved the amazing action sequences and really appreciate the caliber of actors featured (Robert Redford in a comic movie and the main antagonist?!?). Truthfully, there is just so much great stuff with this movie that I am questioning how low it is on my rankings, so I’ll just cut it here with this last point: Winter Soldier is both a good live action comic and entertaining movie and a great example to legitimise the comic genre that is so very popular with audiences.

Pros: I’m honestly at a bit of a loss at what to say about this figure. I mean, its… fine. He has a very detailed sculpt that looks to be based on a mixed design from the comics and the MCU, has a good amount of articulation and a decent amount of accessories. I did get him on sale so that is certainly a plus.

Cons: His shield doesn’t really stay on the arm straps very well. Also, I am not a fan of the head sculpt.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping