ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 05:07 PM   #1173
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

724-2
Hasbro- Transformers Kingdom- Optimus Primal.

Time is a funny thing. If you asked me when Beat Wars premiered, I certainly would not have said 25 years ago. That said, I do recall the new ?beast? figures on the shelves of my local Toys R Us, but I was nonplussed at that time given that I was at that time, both only interested in Star Wars and not exactly on board with the premise. I mean, Animals instead of vehicles? Where were all my favorites? It wasn?t until Beast Machines until I rightly relented and was able to thankfully watch all the Beast Wars (Beasties in Canada), but also track down most of the figures or at least the unique molds from the series in one form or another. Unfortunately I was too late from the OG Primal, but got lucky with the re-deco ?universe? figure that was released well past the series close. In any case, Beast Wars has become and remains to be one my favorite Transformers series and serves as a great reminder that even though something is a bit different, it still can be good.

Pros: Like Cheetor before, Optimus Primal hits right in the nostalgic feels and I am here for it. I love both modes, appreciate the articulation/range of motion that provide some decent poses and like that they include his two blades that can fit right on his back. Major bonus points for an special Ape mode for Standing on two feet or on all fours, as well as the retractable forearm cannons.

Cons: Usually I appreciate a compact figure, but for the money, Optimus Primal is just a bit too small.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping