ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-06-2021, 12:46 PM   #1175
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

725-2
Bandai Namco- Gundam Universe: Wing Gundam

So here?s the thing, if you asked me what Gundam Wing was about, I don?t think I could tell you. For the record I followed the entire series on YTV back in the day, watched the Endless Waltz feature and even collected all the original toys, but the overall story is still a bit of a mystery to me. I mean, I know that it is set in the future and I know that the story revolves around the constant battle between the Space colonies and the Earth Federation. I know that each of the Gundams were built by specific Earth scientists that were designed specifically for each teenage boy pilot and I know that the Earth has its own mobile suit champion that pilots super cool Tallgeese mech, but that's really about it. I recall a lot about the other pilots and their corresponding Gundams, but could not tell you how it ended, which is so crazy given how big of a fan I am of the entire franchise. I really need to do a better job in following it, but Anime is really hard for me to get into. I?m trying though as I recently started watching the first Gundam movie recently uploaded to Netflix. It?s really slow by today's standards, but I get why it was a hit back then.

Pros: The Gundam Wing series gave me my first real taste of the world of Gundam so this figure is certainly iconic. The mold is outstandingly detailed, has a good amount of articulation and includes his massive rifle and shield.

Cons: I?m not sure why, but Bandai has decided to cheap out a bit with the accessories. While his rifle and shield are iconic, his Laser sword is even more so and the figure feels lacking without.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping