ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 01:24 PM   #165
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

068-2
DC Collectibles- DC Icons: Blue Beetle.

Much like many other lesser known DC characters, my first introduction to the Blue Beetle was through the excellent Batman Brave and the Bold cartoon series. From there he has been featured prominently in other cartoons, animated movies and of course the comics. I have grown quite fond of the character as I appreciated his predecessors back story and how he evolved within the mythos. In fact there was a Batman: TBATB episode that told the story of the previous Blue Beetle(s) and sets up why Bats has taken the new version under his wing so-to-speak. Another total badass version of the character is in the phenomenal Young Justice series that pretty well revolves around the scarab (this thing that gives him powers) and the planet that it came from. If you like well-crafted long form storytelling and you want to see DC actually do media right, then check out both cartoons.

I’m not certain as to where this particular version of the character was sculpted from, but it certainly has hallmarks of the overall design, including the blue suit armor, the scarab backpack and the shoulder mounted leg/weapon things. He's also remarkably tall and slim which isn’t really inline with the teenage alter ego Jamie, but suits the alien backstory fairly well. Overall Icons Blue Beetle is another bittersweet release and overall great addition to the now defunct toy line.

Pros: Nice sculpt and design with good accessories including multiple weapons and wings

Cons: No thigh swivel and would have loved a unmasked head.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping