Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
Zone55555
Clonetrooper
Re: Vintage Collection Republic Gunship Released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETT1 View Post
Question...why would a collector shell out this kind of money for a re-release and not go after something vintage??...just a thought...

has always made me go hmmmmmmmm...

same goes for those that go after high priced modern hockey card's....

PLEASE don't take this the wrong way...this is just some thought's I have had over the years...

..and yeah I know some are completist's no matter what price a sw item is...

peace outt
Not much to hrmmm about. I already own the vintage pieces that can be owned. I've scoured toy conventions for years picking up almost all there really obscure vehicles and figures (No body rigs as of yet but there are limits to what even I will spend freely)

The price is not great or even good I'm with you there, but nothing I do about it is going to change it -and I want one of everything. I could hang around and wait for a sale or for them to be remaindered off to Winners or something, but my time is more valuable to me than the savings would be.

I'm lucky that I make good enough money to support my habit, I realize the economics won't work the same for everyone and I've nothing against people who feel a particular piece is priced out of reach but that's the reality of any field of collecting. Everyone's situation is different and there simply aren't any hard and fast rules about what is too expensive and what is "fair". Everyone makes up their own mind and that's great.

Good luck in your own collecting! Be happy about what you get and what you spent.
Zone55555 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping