ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 06:10 PM   #1122
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

690-2
McFarlane Toys- DC Multiverse: Earth – 22 Robin.

Leave it to McFarlane Toys to release a real messed up version of Batman’s beloved sidekick Robin before a more traditional one. And when I say messed up, I mean it. I suppose it tracks given that the super popular and creepy Batman Who Laughs are these Robin’s guardian, or more likely captor, but it is still a bit much considering this is a toy sold on the same shelves as other kids toys, well if you could find the dang thing on the shelf which brings me to the next issue. McFarlane REALLY messed up with the release of these Robins. See, for those who don’t know they released 3 different molded heads as an incentive to create a WORM (appropriate term) of Robins, but did not increase production to meet the demand of collectors who need to catch them all. I suppose the better option would have been to release these guys independently of the BAF set as a 3 park, but given the army build mentality of some fans, I’m sure it would have still be difficult track down, not to mention the fact that I don’t really want 3 of these figures, even if they do have different creepy heads.

Pros: This figure shines in a way that many other McFarlane figures do with an amazing sculpt and fantastic paint job. That said I do have some issues including….

Cons: The articulation suffers greatly and the package is a little light on accessories. I understand that this is a BAF figure, but the fact that Robin costs more than Devastator is bananas.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping