Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #23
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: Toys"R"Us G.I.Joe, Batman, Spiderman, and Lego Sale June 1st -7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
WTF? Isn't it, I don't know, unethical or something for a store to start the sale one day early, thus allowing certain parties who happen to be there that day able to take advantage of things, and thus making it difficult for the rest of us to get what we want?

I'm not saying anything against you 10incher, just asking a legitimate question. In a few hours time I was planning on heading out to take advantage of this sale, but if the scalpers and everyone else has already picked the aisles clean because the sale started on Thursday instead of Friday like it was SUPPOSED TO then I'm going to be mighty cheesed off.
Scrapper6, I saw this happen periodically at my TRU where the sale was started one day early than the flyer advertised, so I asked a TRU employee why they do this... he told me that the headquarters sometimes, but not always, will start a sale early in their computers just to make sure there are no kinks.

I guess if they are doing a complicated type of sale like a BOGO1/2 which lets you mix and match across different toylines, they want to have their stores test it out one day in advance before the real crowds come rushing in on Friday. I don't think they do it for the more simplistic sales like "30% off Star Wars", at least I've never noticed it for those.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping