ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 11:52 AM   #465
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

266-2
Hasbro- Star Wars Black Series: Storm Trooper

Rating of worst to best of the Star Wars movies continued; see reviews 215-2, 218-2, 221-2, 241-2, 245-2 & 247-2 for the previous instalments:

8. Star Wars Ep 1- The Phantom Menace

Rounding out the best of the worst, to no one's surprise, is EP 1 and with good reason as it represents a clear division of time for the Star Wars fandom. To fans who loved the original trilogy the prequels had some substantial expectations to meet, expectations that only grew with every year that past from Return of the Jedi, from every piece of media that superfans could get their hands on and in my case, every power of the force action figure that I could line my walls with. Unfortunately, for most those expectations were quickly shattered with 3 words: "Meesa Jar Jar Binks!”

Pros: This is iconic as it gets, the one and only classic Storm Tropper and it is great. Fantastic sculpt that captures the iconic StormTrooper aesthetic, above average articulation allowing for a range of poses and good accessories that can be held in hand or, in the case of the Imperial Blaster, thrown in the holster.

Cons: The only thing, and this is very nitpicky with very little to do with the actual figure, is that I'm not used to seeing Storm Troopers in action poses. Sure I've seen them walk, jog and stand at attention, but anything more just looks funny to me. Sure it’s just a facet of the armor being very cumbersome, but it's funny how that image of the character stays with you.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping