ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 05:39 PM   #466
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

267-2
Hasbro- Marvel Legends: Grim Reaper

Given all the new details that have emerged from SDCC and D23 I thought I might be fun to give some thoughts on all the new announced projects. First up will be the shows, then movies then they toys.

Phase 4 New Shows.
To preface, I never got into the Netflix series and while I understand that many people like them, I’m indifferent to their cancellation as my preference would be to have every interconnected. That said, I may actually watch these new shows given their ultimate connection to the MCU.

The Falcon and Winter Soldier- This will be interesting as the first Disney Plus show as well as a neat look at what the Marvel cinematic Universe might look like without Captain America. Given that they both have taken the helm of Cap in the past It will be interesting to see how it turns out. .

Wanda Vision- While I think Elizabeth Olson is a great Scarlet Witch and Paul Bettany is a fantastic Vision, I’m just not sure I care enough about the characters to be really that excited for this series, that is, unless the “white” version of Vision is used then I might check it out.

Loki- For the most part I feel like Loki was the best part in the first 2 Thor movies as well as a decent villain/supporting hero in Thor Ragnarok and the Avengers, but I’m just not sure what is left? Perhaps a Frog Thor or a Beta Ray Bill cameo would be something to get excited about.
What If..? - I was never a “What if?” comics fan as I didn’t really get the point. I mean, who cares What If? Cause it never really happened in actual continuity. That said, might provide a few fun story lines in the MCU and feature some supporting characters.

Hawkeye- I’m honestly not sure what happened, but sometime between Avengers: Age of Ultron and Avengers Endgame I fell in love with Hawkeye. Perhaps it was the character development from Age of Ultron, or his appearance fighting with Team Cap in Civil War or his completely badass portrayal as Ronin on Endgame, but the archer with no super powers has really grown on me. Not sure what this will be about, but if Rener is in it, I’ll be watching.
Ms. Marvel- I really enjoy the Ms Marvel character and cannot wait to see how this turns out. I have to imagine that this would be a natural series to feature some other off brand fan favorites like Gwen Pool and Squirrel Girl, but I guess time will tell.

Moon Knight- Back in my comic collecting days I was always drawn to Moon Night, but never really delved into the comics. That said I understand there is a lot of potential for a dark storyline so here is hoping it is something cool.

She Hulk- Marc Bernardin (of Podcast “Fatman Beyond with Kevin Smith and the new He-Man cartoon) had soft pitched a She-Hulk show as a legal procedural not unlike Law and Order. I think this might be a really neat idea and am interested what Disney might do. .

Pros: They should call this guy the GRIN Reaper cause that face sculpt is freaking amazing. I’m often frustrated with that amount of re-tools / re=paints that Hasbro does on these Marvel Legends, but most of the time they make up for it with a crazy good head sculpt; and I mean crazy- he looks nuts! My only exposure to Grim Reaper was from a short appearance in a recent Vision series, in which he (vision) made his own robot family in suburbia) and was injured pretty bad by a surprise razor sharp scythe through the back. And while I assume Vision survived (I never continued with the series) it was pretty badass. Grim reaper also includes his back staby scythe and a removable cap, which somewhat ironically, is the same one that the Hulkbuster Vision figure comes complete with.

Cons: I really have no complaints on how Grim Reaper turned out, but if I was being picky I would love a way to both include a cape while not limiting the ability to pose the figure.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping