ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 02:19 PM   #467
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

268-2
Hasbro- Transformers Prime: Rachet

Rating of worst to best of the Transformers movies continued; see review 208-2, 213-2, 217-2, 223-2, 226-2, 230-2, 234-2, 239-2, 243-2, 246-2, 249-2, 252-2, 257-2, 260-2 & 264-2 for previous instalments:

Transformers Movie Rating #2: Bumblebee

After Transformers 5: The Last Knight, I was about done with getting excited over anymore live action Transformers movies and even less excited for one all about the character that I felt was already over exposed, but was intrigued after seeing the first trailer as it looked to have som potential. I was happy that Micheal Bay was not directing, I was a fan of Haley Steinfiled from Pitch Perfect and I liked that it was set in the 80’s with nods to the original G1 series; I mean, could this actually be good? Given the position on this list the answer is obviously yes; it is a pretty decent movie and even, in my opinion, nudges out the first live action movie, if just barely. I think I given Bumblebee more credit for NOT being a Michael Bay movie. Maybe if he trued something else than big explosions, sexed up teens and terrible humor, but given all the money he’s made in the last few years, I doubt he’s changing the formula.

Pros: I still have a number of these figures to open, but it is clear that I really need to give Transformers Prime a bit more credit as the figures are really quite exceptional and it makes me wonder if I may have passed on some cool figures, prior to Hasbro’s more “economical” offerings. Ratchet has Excellent, intuitive transformation, good articulation, and nice vehicle mode: everything that you would want in a great figure.

Cons: My only complaint is that his “weapons” are very rubbery and perhaps a touch “off brand” for the character.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping