ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 03:39 PM   #657
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

401-2
McFarlane Toys- Fortnite: Rex

Try as I might, but I cannot figure out these Fortnite characters. I mean, I get that it’s a guy dressed in a Dinosaur costume, but there is really nothing more to it. I suppose that fits well within the scope of the Fortnite franchise, that is, crazy characters and outfits that have nothing to do with anything, but it’s not something that I’m really used to. In any case, I was drawn to the figures given their unique and crazy designs and look forward to seeing what is coming up next.

Pros: I mean, Rex is a guy in a cartoon Dinosaur suit that comes with a RPG. What is not to love? I love the silliness of the overall look that is captured by a great sculpt, he has decent articulation, that is standard for McFarlane toys, a matching dinosaur backpack and a really excellent pick axe that looks like an embiggened grabby dinosaur toy.

Cons: I suppose this could easily be rectified by sharing weapons between my figures, but I feel that he was a bit short changed by only getting a RPG as a primary weapon. And while I love the extra articulation, there are still some issues that make posing a less than enjoyable.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping