Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-20-2023, 12:34 PM   #6862
random11
Convention Exclusive
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Venom and Carnage have cell shading. And so do all the X-Men animated figures. That's the whole gimmick with the cartoon figures. Personally, I could do without it, but it seems rather inconsistent.
The X-Men VHS figures have had cell shading, nothing says that rule has to apply to the Spider-Man VHS figures. Venom was not a VHS figure. Carnage was a VHS figure but did not have cell shading. The only Spider-Man VHS to have cell shading so far was Symbiote Spider-Man. And I think it fits that figure based on the design of the character from the show. I am also happy the rest of the figures don't have cell shading. Hasbro has shown pretty handedly that they generally suck at making it look good and if they are now focusing on the look of the characters from the cartoons (how I've always wanted the figures to look) then I would prefer they keep random unnecessary cell shading away from them. If they were able to do actually good cell shading that would be different... but I don't see them pulling it off without a significant price increase.
random11 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping