Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 03:58 PM   #569
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
you saying you would be ok with spending a grand on toys in 60 days?
Well first off, not everything that Hasbro releases for any of their lines is going to appeal to me so I would only collect a segment of that stuff instead of getting every single complete item that's coming out.

You have to pick and choose if your budget can't sustain this kind of single giant release... some items will be pegwarmers and go on clearance, so identify what's hot and what's not from the wave and certainly buy the ones that you must get for your collection. Leave the rest for sales and clearances. You know it'll happen if you're a longtime ML collector that some stuff will just pegwarm and rot away. People are nuts if they just pay full price on every single figure without being a little discerning.

Second, I'm seriously considering the HasLabs Jabba Sail barge which is about $750CAN once taxes are included, and I've already spent about $200 on Transformers (Leaders, deluxes, legends) the last 40 days. So yeah, I'm okay with spending a grand in 60 days. I may end up doing exactly that. It's the price we pay for collecting this stuff is that things come out at inconvenient times sometimes. I try to reduce my spending afterwards though so that it averages out to what my regular toy budget per month would be anyway. That's best one can hope for if you do want to collect em all...
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping