ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 05:51 PM   #1022
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

619-2
Mattel- Masters of the Universe Classics: Skeletor

I think this is the first MOTU figure that I have included in my evolving collection since I started way back in 1995 and very timely given that Skeletor was my first MOTU figure that I had when I was a kid; something that I thought was really special given that I NEVER got the main characters; only the lesser known, background characters, that looked cool in their own right, but were never featured prominently in the cartoon. That said, while we (my brother and I) had some MOTU figures and I watched the cartoon, it was never really our thing. I suppose the draw of GI Joe, Transformers and MASK was just too much for a pseudo medieval/sci-fi series to compete. I am happy that there has been a resurgence of sorts, what with new, improved classic toys and an upcoming series to boot: what a good time to be a MOTU fan!

Pros: Not going to bury the lead here, Classic MOTU Skeletor is legit awesome and accomplishes everything that a retro line should want: Fantastic sculpt that slightly improves on the original, excellent usable articulation that adds to the overall playability, but does not over do it, includes the same character specific accessories that everyone knows and loves and finally is priced appropriately for what it really is.

Cons: Honestly, the biggest issue surrounds Mattel and their inability to produce and distribute stock to meet demand. Seriously, how are they a profitable company?

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping