ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 11:57 PM   #1
Toradoch
Super Friend
The first step to a decent pic...

... is a decent dio! Hopefully I can make one.

Been working on a basic alley dio to suit a variety of scenarios and characters...Bats, Spawn, Joe etc.etc.

Most of the pros use foamcore, extruded insulation etc. The things they do with that and a hot wire cutter are phenomenal.

However, I sort of look for the cheaper, easier way using dollar store / craft store materials. In this case, popsicle/hobby sticks, zip tips, cardboard and glue. The brick wall is just a cheap Christmas village mat, mounted on posterboard. The scale of the bricks are a little off, but with the right lighting, should be passable.

Just sharing in case anyone finds it useful for their own set ups etc. All easy techniques that take next to no special tools or materials.

WIP of the caged fire escape. Just laminated hobby sticks, dowels, zip ties and glue. The lower ladder is on hooks so it can be lowered.

...and complete!

Basic skid. Nothing really too new. 3 main crossbeams just laminated hobby sticks with filler.

Garbage can, WIP. Corrugated cardboard over an empty paper towel roll, zip ties and a couple of thick elastics. Spraying and weathering to follow

I hope perhaps someone finds something in these cobblings they can use to make and share!
Toradoch is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping