ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 03:16 PM   #1
JLvatron
Red Shirt
GIJoe: "Pyramid of Darkness"

I finished watching a dvd of GIJoe "Pyramid of Darkness". I really loved this in the 80's, really fun movie, although I had found ShipWreck to be too much of a loud mouth and didn't appreciate such a strong focus on him or Satin.

Watching it now, I liked it waaay less. Shipwreck was loud mouther than I remembered and the there was much more annoying singing than I had rememebered:
-Dusty in space
-Satin twice
-Quick Kick's commercial
-Alpine's yodelling (although I still liked his "Ohhhh, Yeahhhh!")

Snake eyes was really reduced to playing 2nd fiddle to Shipwreck which was really awful. Also the story had way too many "Meet instant solution x!" scenes. Like the ending when the Crimson twins turn the twin towers into a rocket ship and Loudmouth proclaims "No force on Earth will be able to stop it!". Then the space station blows it up sans trouble.

Snake eyes dressed up like Boy George also didn't help.

There were still some good things. Roadblock's rhyming, Mutt getting more screen time, the Crimson Twins being so clever and their power struggle with Cobra Commander; and Quick-Kick & Alpine.

I still think it would have been great if they didn't make it so silly; the previous 2 movies were amazing.
JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping