ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 06:54 PM   #474
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

271-2
Hasbro- Transformers- Generations: Kup

Rating of worst to best of the Transformers movies continued; see review 208-2, 213-2, 217-2, 223-2, 226-2, 230-2, 234-2, 239-2, 243-2, 246-2, 249-2, 252-2, 257-2, 260-2, 264-2, 268-2 & 269-2 for previous instalments:

Transformers Movie Rating #2: Bumblebee

The Bad- Ironically enough, the worst part of this movie is it’s hamfisted connection to the other live action Transformers movies as Bumblebee is somehow a soft reboot and a prequel all at the same time. For instance we see BB land on earth in the 80’s, but was apparently a WW2 war hero as explained in The Last Knight. Also, Sector 7 is featured in the BB movie, even with a young Agent Simmons, but in the first movie they already know about Megatron and the Allspark so why would the appearance of the Transformers be a big surprise to them? There are a few other examples and it’s not a big deal, but just makes things confusing. My other issue with the movie is perhaps more of an issue with modern ‘80’s period piece films as they don’t get one thing right: how much media,things like tapes, records, CHs tapes would have cost back then. Seriously, it drives me crazy. Charlie is complaining about not having any money but have $300 worth of cassette tapes alone… just sell all that for your junk parks. And while I already praised the soundtrack, the point needs to be made that while these songs originated in the 80s, these were not the popular songs back then. I’m not saying that I want a soundtrack full of Billboard hits, but just being mindful that a soundtrack of hipster b-sides was not an accurate depiction of popular music back in the day. Lastly, while I appreciate the inclusion and badass fight scene between Bee and Blittzwing, it just bothers me that nothing about this character makes me think Blitzwing. Sure, he’s a jet, but not purple, not tan not a triple changer; like why even bother. Hell, even the 2 other Decepticons features were more like Blitizwing than Blitzwing?!?! How hard is it to take a G1 toy and make a movie character out of it?

Pros: I’ll be honest, I was never really a big fan of Kup. The original toy was meh, the old guy schtick was lost on my and I never really thought that they were able to transition him forward to the new Transformers lore like other G1 characters of the time. That said, this figure is pretty outstanding. Overall really nice look from Vehicle mode to robot mode, decent transformation and even clear windors (something that does not happen very often anymore).

Cons: My only issue is the amount of forearm kible that he has in robot mode. It’s the nature of these figures to have panels etc, but interferes quite a bit with the ability to pose.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping