ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 07:26 AM   #9
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: What are your thoughts/wishes for the next Haslab project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I wish they would end it.

Sorry, not sorry.

$1000 plus price tags exclude 99% of collectors. Add to it the fact that a multi billion dollar corporation begs for money to finance the projects is a further turn off for me.
Well to be fair they have stated they want to get away from the high priced projects, and get lower priced projects done.

The last 2 have been $560(Cdn). So they already seem to be trying to come down a bit in price.

I guess the real question is what their criteria is for Haslab versus retail. I mean they rereleased the BMF and it is $500 at TRU. The BS Lightsabers now average $300. The Titans from Transformers are $250 to start.

So they aren't afraid of high priced retail. If any project was a good fit for retail it was the Sentinel and/or Razor Crest. The Sentinel is iconic in X-Men/Marvel media, and the Razor Crest is from Star Wars' currently most popular media. So that makes me wonder what were the criteria that made them Haslab projects instead of retail releases.

I also think this is going to be the future for collectors. Companies, big and small, are going to look to minimize risk/cost on product lines. What better way to do that than on demand production. All the money upfront, and almost no risk for production and distribution. Of course the big guys will always have a presence at regular retail, but I see the attraction for them to go with this model for large/collector items. This could eventually even lead to whole properties being produced this way.

I mean if they can't get M.A.S.K. back on shelves, maybe they could do a line through Haslab.

End of my verbal diarrhea.

Last edited by canprime; 12-03-2020 at 07:28 AM.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping