ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 01:52 PM   #1097
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys
Re: I open a toy & post it here... VOL 2!

674-2
McFarlane Toys- DC Multiverse: Azrael

I’ve always thought of Azrael as an underused character. I mean sure, the 90’s, as part of the Knightfall series, was a very lucrative time for the character, but since then he has only seen limited action in the comics and even less in other forms of media. I wonder if that is due to the relatively non-secular nature of the character, which admittedly I know very little about, outside of the very stark imagery through his appearance. I suppose it stands to reason that the comic series that this version of Azrael is published under the “DC Black Label” which is typically reserved for more mature readers. I haven’t had a chance to read the book yet, but from what I reviewed, it sounds like a super cool storyline that lives outside of the typical main DC Universe. And while I love that McFarlane seems to be really on top of some of the most current characters from the current run of comics, something inside me would really LOVE an old school Azrael from back in the day.

Pros: Amazing, amazing, amazing. There is really nothing else that I can say. Outstanding sculpt with a ridiculous amount of detail from right out of the comic, a solid amount of usable articulation and his trusty flaming sword that may or may not be magic.

Cons: Those McFarlane ankle joints may be the death of me; however I can look past given how great he really is.

Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping