View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 09:38 AM   #17
Canukle
Clonetrooper
Re: Entire Marvel Legends Collection For Sale 2002-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcollector16 View Post
Easy solution so you can sleep easy ...
And you know what, everything you proposed might be the legal loophole you need. There are, of course, conditions you might need to have to get around the gambling laws...

- You need to make sure that there is a "no-purchase-necessary" option
- The price of admission into your club or whatever should be fair market value - Can't just charge people $500 to talk about toys. But FMV is easy to research.

But, if that's the route you want to go, I'm sure a lawyer can help make sure you're not going to get yourself into trouble. Again, if you're the person that gets in trouble for trying to skirt the law, then "people do it all the time" isn't going to be a legal defence.

And by the way, this has nothing to do with altruism or wanting half your collection or whatever you think. The question came up of the legality of raffling off a collection, and as someone with some 2nd-hand experience with rules around things like that, I offered input. I'm not sure why you got so offended, but imagine if you came on here and started saying "I can drive 160 down the 401 because I see people do it all the time"... well sure, but there are laws you'd be breaking.

Anyway, you do you. You've made it pretty clear that you don't really care about the legality of what you're planning
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping