Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 09:19 PM   #61
Chigimus
Super Friend
Re: Toy Aisle Trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
Well, this is a first for me: ordered the Marvel Legends Bullseye from walmart.ca, and this is what I got:

A Toybiz era ML Wonder-Man, with a Hobgoblin BAF leg and the shockwave effect that came with the ML Shocker.

Like, seriously?! I got that from ordering ONLINE. F*cksakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
How does that even happen, are they shipping stock out of the stores? Isn't there a separate warehouse/shipping facility?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
Yeah, I'm dumbfounded by it.

Checking Canada Post tracking, it shipped out of Mississauga, which is where I think all their online stuff normally ships from (in Ontario at least). But yeah, given what I received, I can only assume this was shipped from a store.

Ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I'm sorry but that is so f-ed up its almost funny. Like what the hell? How does that even happen?
OMG, that's hilarious! I can see how it happened though. In retail, sometimes the distribution warehouses request callbacks from the stores. This is not the same thing as a recall notice when a known defect is announced and product needs to be removed. Callbacks happen when store locations in other parts of the region or country are not getting enough of a supply and this also includes the inventory pile for the web store itself, so the request goes out to stores that seemingly have an over abundance of allocated inventory to be sent back to the DC for redistribution or to be kept at the DC for online sales.

In this case, most likely someone did a swap return, the callback request came to that store that accepted the return, and this lucky copy happened to get picked to be sent back and whoever filled Wintermute's order at the DC happened to pick this troll copy from the pile. It can happen to anyone, just rare because the troll copies usually get bought out at the store level anyway. Sucks to be Wintermute, but man, I'm glad you saw the humor in it.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote

» Action Figure Shopping